Women today are expected to do it all. Society can expect women to have a career and family and excel at everything. There is a level of perfection placed on woman that can be exhausting. Women’s issues can seriously impact a women’s mental, physical, and emotional health. The impact can be mild to extreme. Seeking help from a therapist can be exceedingly beneficial.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO):
– Depressive disorders account for close to 41.9% of the disability from neuropsychiatric disorders among women compared to 29.3% among men.
– Leading mental health problems of the older adults are depression, organic brain syndromes and dementias. A majority are women.
– An estimated 80% of 50 million people affected by violent conflicts, civil wars, disasters, and displacement are women and children.
– Lifetime prevalence rate of violence against women ranges from 16% to 50%.
– At least one in five women suffer rape or attempted rape in their lifetime.
Common Mental Health Issues Experienced by Women
Depression, Anxiety, Self -Harming Behaviors, Borderline Personality Disorder, Low Self Esteem, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Postpartum Depression, Dependent Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Phobias
Therapy can offer coping strategies and problem-solving techniques that will help you feel empowered. We can work together to help create a unique wellness plan to help you overcome any issues that you are suffering from. If you would like to explore treatment options, please reach out. I would be honored to work with you.